Whew, What A Relief!

The Bavarian cabinet is proposing a law allowing cars to be washed on Sundays and holidays. But only in the afternoons, you understand, so as not to interfere with church attendance. This is something like progress.

Now, since on average 7 percent of Germans attend services on Sundays, you may well ask what about the other 93 percent? And what of the residents for whom Friday or Saturday may be the week’s holy day? Well, you may well ask, but that doesn’t mean there are any good answers. But thank, er, Someone, for that old separation of church and state.

This entry was posted in A Fistful Of Euros, Germany and tagged by Doug Merrill. Bookmark the permalink.

About Doug Merrill

Freelance journalist based in Tbilisi, following stints in Atlanta, Budapest, Munich, Warsaw and Washington. Worked for a German think tank, discovered it was incompatible with repaying US student loans. Spent two years in financial markets. Bicycled from Vilnius to Tallinn. Climbed highest mountains in two Alpine countries (the easy ones, though). American center-left, with strong yellow dog tendencies. Arrived in the Caucasus two weeks before its latest war.

3 thoughts on “Whew, What A Relief!

  1. This is perfectly understandable. After all, cars are the second religion in Bavaria. Any regulations in which attire you’re allowed to wash your car on Sunday? Lederhosen anyone?

Comments are closed.